Monday, August 18, 2008

The Handsome Nephite

So I promised this a few weeks ago and finally it's time to share the inspiring story of one of the three Nephites who saved the day during that awful, awful non-date. It's kind of a second half of the to-be-continued....

Picture me there country dancing with Bob the Butt, that crisp September night two years ago. All the dreams I had been creating of the two of us falling in love and living happily ever after, dashed after finding out he was a complete knob. Well about 30 minutes before midnight, I went into the bathroom to get away from everything and regroup. I thought to myself, "I can't be here anymore, I need a miracle so I don't have to watch this dork and his failed attempts to flirt with these other girls. I need an out and I need it NOW."

That's when I saw him. I never would have believed it if it hadn't happened to me but there he was, the miracle I was praying for. He came up to me and asked me to dance. We danced not one song but four together, and then talked for several dances as well. He was tall and nice, very good looking, fun to talk to a great dancer and smelled really good on top of it all. I swear he was an angel sent there to help me in my time of need. I mean really he had to be, no normal guy would fit that description. The even crazier thing was that he just appeared out of nowhere. I know he hadn't been there before during the night and I never saw him after we danced and talked together. He was there for me. He didn't talk to or dance with any other girls. He was my saviour from the This-is-not-a-date-monster and I am super grateful he came to save me and to give me an amazing experience. Who needs the non-dater when I have my own angel.

2 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

I think you should find that guy, seriously. Maybe he's not an angel, but your future husband. I heard a story on the radio about a guy who saw a girl on the subway in NYC and thought they were destined, so he advertised on his blog and in three days he found her. They even dated for several months.

Smileyhappychan said...

Wow! I think there must be some way that you can find that guy. Let me know if I can help!